WykD Dave is an British kinbakushi.
WykD Dave, Dave Rickman, WykD Dave Rickman
2009: Begins tying for photo shoots as well as in clubs.
2009: Studies with Steve Osada..
2010: Begins to give public performances.
2010: Produces a series of kinbaku photo shoots with Clover Photography.
2012: Studies with Haruki Yukimura.
2013: Ties Lady Gaga for the portrait entitled "Flying" which was hung in the Louvre gallery in Paris France.
2013: Studies with Akira Naka for the first time.
2013: Collaborates with the artist Jp Rakehorn.
2014: Ties for director Ate de Jong's film "Deadly Virtues: Love.Honour.Obey."
2014: Ties FKA Twigs for the music video 'Pendulum'.
2014: Ties for Tirade magazine's London fashion week edition.
2014: WykD Dave's bondage work appears in Paris’ Louvre gallery then in The Watermill centre.
2015: Is a leading organiser of the LFRA (London Festival or Rope Art) with his partner Clover.
2016: Travels to Tokyo to learn from Haruki Yukimura.
2016: Continues studying in Tokyo with Akira Naka.
2017: Begins teaching his own style (WykD Method) officially.
2019: Opens Studio Kokoro In Mansfield England, UK.
2019: Diagnosed with a brain tumour. Undergoes surgery, radiation and chemotherapy.
2020: Publishes TEN, the anthology of ten years of shooting with Clover.
2021: Studio Kokoro closes.
2022: Focuses on private teaching.
Inspired by Norio Sugiura's photographs.
Was active in private SM play for many years before he began publishing his photographic works in 2009.
First kinbakushi to see his work hanging in Louvre Museum, Paris (An inverted suspension of the singer Lady Gaga).
WykD Dave claims to be the first British kinbakushi to provide bondage and consultancy on a British feature film.[※ 1]
He has studied Japanese shibari with Steve Osada, Haruki Yukimura and Akira Naka.
He often collaborates with the photographer Clover.
Has performed and taught in Japan, France, Italy, the USA, Jamaica, and Russia.
Performances and Events
2011: Teaches and performs at Shibaricon in Chicago, USA.
2011: Teaches and performs at Twisted Leprechaun, Ireland's inaugural kink convention.
2011: Performs at the London Festival of the Art of Japanese Rope Bondage.
2011: Teaches at the LFAJRB in collaboration with Kinoko Hajime.
2011: Teaches and performs at LegArti, Italy's first international rope event.
2013: Performs at Bondage Expo Dallas from 2013-2019.
2019: Performs at "You are the Legend," the last bondage night at DX in Tokyo at the invitation of Akira Naka.
- Deadly Virtues(Love.Honour.Obey) (2014). Bondage: WykD Dave
- Flying (2013). Lady Gaga and Robert Wilson. Bondage: WykD Dave
- Pendulum (2015). FKA Twigs. Bondage: WykD Dave
- TEN (2020)
- ↑ “This experience was a revelation and resulted in a complete reconstruction of my tying style and approach.” (From a personal conversation)
- ↑ This was also subject of a film by American Avant-garde director Robert Wilson.
- ↑ A drama/psychological thriller starring Edward Akrout, Matt Barber and Megan Maczko.
- ↑ The video goes on to claim the music video of the year award. WykD Dave collaborated with Japanese stylist Soichi Inagaki.
- ↑ From correspondence with Wykd Dave. January 26, 2022.