Akechi (明智) family name, Denki (伝鬼) first name, (1940 - 2005)
Akechi was central to the "kinbaku boom" of the late Showa to early Heisei periods. Participated in GSG Planning with Denjiro Sakurada and broadened his activities into stage performance. Many kinbakushi have been influenced by him.
明智伝鬼(Japanese), Akechi Denoni
1940: Born on September 11th.
1940s: While in lower grade at elementary school, Akechi is excited by witnessing a girl friend tied to a tree in the playground.
1949(c): During third grade at elementary school, he and a few school friends encounter SM and bondage magazines Kitan Club, The Decameron and Uramado in the local rental bookstore.
1950s: While in junior high school, he rents SM magazines from a local bookstore to lend to other students where they would study the images and practice tying.
1956(c): The company Akechi's family owns goes bankrupt. Has his first surgery for heart disease and is informed he will not live to the age of 30.
1957(c): Ties first woman, a café waitress.
1957: Works in the construction business.
1958: Becomes an independent craftsman.
1959: Begins private Kinbaku.
1970: Has heart surgery. Prior to surgery, he is told he has less than a year to live.
1978: Comes into contact with Denjiro Sakurada and Shin Sakurada at GSG_Planning. Starts doing Kinbaku performances, including SM Bomber where many witness and absorb his Kinbaku techniques.
1980s: Becomes a prolific live performer and appears in many Kinbaku videos.
1985: Denjiro Sakurada's retires from performing, and Akechi takes over his shows.
1987: Opens Studio Phantom in Shibuya for photo sessions in July.
1987: Begins SM experimental Kinbaku theatre at Studio Phantom, once a month starting in September, and then twice from January 1988 until June 1997.
1989: Launches General Member outdoor photo sessions on an irregular basis.
1996: Founds Bakuyukai with Takumi Miura. Starts in-depth research of classical rope tying techniques.
1998: Japan Cultural Design Conference (Akita).
2000: Oniroku Dan attends 60th Birthday Party.
2000: Undergoes surgery for chronic heart disease in December and pauses Kinbaku activity.
2001: Opens SM club Garasha in Ikebukuro with Takagi Sao-nushi on December 1st.
2004: Interview with Yoshikazu Hayakawa on the subject "Groups surrounding SM celebrities" on May 13th.
2004: Appears in Mary Aoi's "Demon" on Oct 9th.
2005: Attends Kinoko Hajime bondage workshops "Beauty and The Beast" on March 24th.
2005: Shoots "Treasury of Bondage Skills and Forms" in April.
2005: Dies of multi-organ failure. Jul 17 2005 10:36am.
2005: Denki Akechi Memorial Service at Tokyo Kōsei Nenkin Kaikan, organised by Oniroku Dan, Takasu Motojin, Denjiro Sakurada & Yoshikazu Hayakawa. Sep 6 2005
2005: LOFT/PLUS ONE presents "A Tribute to Denki Akechi" at Shinjuku Art Center on September 6th. Appearances by Raika, Mai Randa, Kurumi Mira, Katsuragi Ayano, Mai Ito & Kanda Tsubaki.
In the name "Denki," the "Den" comes from Denjiro Sakurada, and "ki" comes from Shuji Onizawa.[※ 1]
For a period in 2003, Kanna worked under the name "Kanna Akechi."
Saikatsu assisted in Akechi's work, and worked for a time under the name "Saikatsu Akechi."[※ 2]
Performances and Events
1996: Nov 27-Dec 3. Performs "SM Techno Obsession (James Bondage - To Die Twice)" at Dotonbori Theater, Shibuya.[※ 3]
1997: Jun. Performs at Nakano Queen (oldest SM club).
1997: Aug. Opens SM Club Garaha in Setagaya.
1997: Nov. Appears in Department H.
1998: Jul 25-Aug 1. Netherlands tour with Katsuragi Ayano, Banta Ryosuke, Takao Nakano and Kuromuchi Hyōko.
1998: Jul 25. performs at Club Doma with Katsuragi Ayano.
1999: July 8. LOFT/PLUS ONE presents "Sexual Perversion on a Midsummer Night".[※ 4]
1999: Dec. Performs in "Claims Transformation '99" in Osaka with Tanihige and Takagi Sao-nushi.
2000: Feb 3. "Disturbed Rope" presented by LOFT/PLUS ONE with Tachibana Mari.
2000: Nov 17. LOFT/PLUS ONE presents "Black Market ~ Black Market" at SM Club Garasha.[※ 5]
2001: Dec 22. Resumes performing at Salon Gracia with Raika.
2002: Jan 5. The long Awaited Revival of Denki Akechi Show" at Salon Gracia with model Yui Koike.
2002: Jan 11. LOFT/PLUS ONE presents at "Reincarnation - The First Tie of The New Year!" extremists SM bondage event.[※ 6]
2002: Nov 24. Lectures with Mai Randa at "2nd Bondage Introductory Attrition Meeting".
2003: Holds bondage workshops on the subject of rape with Tsukihana.
2004: Appears in "The SM Final" at Show Up, Omiya.
- SM Document The Mania (DaiPro, 1984) Bondage: Denki Akechi
- Video Sexy Club3 (Jiyu Planning, 1985)
- Young Masochistic Lady Kanako (VIP, 1985) Bondage: Denki Akechi
- Flesh Types of a Young Lady (Hatena Planning, 1985) Bondage: Denki Akechi
- Natural Masochism (VIP, 1985) Bondage: Denki Akechi, Featuring: Yumi Matsuda
- Treasury of Kinbaku Skills and Forms Vol.1 (with Takumi Miura) (Bakuyukai, 2005)
- Treasury of Kinbaku Skills and Forms Vol.2 (with Takumi Miura) (Bakuyukai, 2005)
- 11PM (1989)
- Ukiyo Soushi - Pleasure and a Little Pain - Kate Asabuki Kinbaku Photo Collection (Hokuo Shobo, 1995) Bondage: Denki Akechi.
- Perverse Pleasures (WaniMagazine, 1996) Section on Denki Akechi.
- Tokyo Strip - Hitomi Shimizu (Mot’s, 1998) Bondage: Denki Akechi.
- Tamayura (MagazineHouse, 1998) Denki Akechi without sunglasses.
- Punishment - Naoko Hayashiba (Mot's, 2001) Bondage: Denki Akechi.
- Akechi (Shinpusha, 2007) Bondage: Denki Akechi.
- Secrets of Shibari (Clean Bunny Mots Corporation, 1997)
- A Simple Illustrated How to Tie Classroom! Using Rope Correctly in Bessatsu Takarajima "Mr. Pervert Comes 2" (July 1997)
- ↑ From an old home page.
- ↑ From correspondence between Denjiro Sakurada and Ugo. April 9, 2014.
- ↑ From correspondence between Saikatsu and Ugo. August 13, 2015.
- ↑ Kurumi Mira. Planning: Takasu Motojin, Yano Hiroshi Yu. Script: Morizono Milk. Director: Kannonzaki Gootto.
- ↑ Cast: Denki Akechi & Takasu Motojin.
- ↑ Cast: Denki Akechi, Raika, Minako Ogawa.
- ↑ Cast: Denki Akechi, Keijo Yumeji, Ito Mai & Mai Randa.
"A Simple Illustrated How to Tie Classroom!" (English)
Denjiro Sakurada・Kate Asabuki・Raika・Kanna・Takumi Miura・Saikatsu